Thursday, January 18, 2024

Blog Post 1

     My name is Madeline Wilhelm, but I go by Maddie! I am from Alpharetta, Georgia and I go to Florida State University. I am majoring in Elementary Education and I want to be a Kindergarten teacher. I have one younger brother and three dogs. My hobbies include soccer, which I have played since I was four, coloring, hanging out with friends, trying new foods, playing with kids, and being involved in my sorority, Pi Beta Phi. My senior year of high school, I worked at an elementary school as an after school worker and I loved it, and this really started my passion to become a teacher.

    Since coming to college, I have started using technology and getting comfortable with it a lot more. I don't really have much prior experience besides when I used it in school. I am familiar with Canva and have used it a lot more recently to create designs and other things that I need for school. I have also used google drive a lot throughout my years as a student. I find it easier than Microsoft Word, but only because I have not used Word as much so I do not know how to work it as well.

    My personal learning networks include my family and friends, teachers, the library, social media, and pinterest. My family and friends have been very helpful in encouraging me and keeping me on the right track for what I was to accomplish. They always keep me focused and give me support. My teachers have also been very helpful. They are also very supportive and helpful and help me know what my next steps are on the path to becoming a teacher. The library has been an amazing and useful space for me to have a quiet area to study. Social media has allowed me to connect with others that are on the same path as me and are trying to become a teacher. I can learn more about what it is like to be a teacher from other people who are already teachers. Pinterest has been a helpful tool to allow me to get ideas for the type of teacher that I want to me. It can also give me ideas for how I want to decorate my classroom. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Maddie! I love to see that we are so similar. My major is also Elementary Education and I also played soccer growing up. In addition, I am also in a sorority here at Florida State University. I am so glad we have both found our passions and I am excited for us to start our journeys. I think you will be a great Kindergarten teacher! I also love Canva and have used it a lot when creating lesson plans. Google Docs is also a very good site. I completely agree with Pinterest being an amazing personal network; I have a whole Pinterest board labeled "dream job" with ideas for lesson plans, classroom decor, and behavior charts. Overall great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maddie its so nice reading your post and to meet you! Thats so cool your from Georgia, I have family near there and I LOVE it up there! I totally agree with you about the technology! I never really had technology experience, especially not before coming here, and so taking this course and since coming to school it has helped me alot ! Great post again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maddie, I'm Corah and I'm so glad you're starting to get the hang of some technology since coming to college. Canva is one of my favorites and my cousin is currently working in elementary education so I can appreciate the work you've put in thus far to get where you're at (FSU). Social Media is a huge resource that I love using as a part of my personal learning network and I'm glad you have such a large support system with your family, friends, and mentors - they're a major help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maddie! I'm Javier it's interesting to get another person's perspective on their use of technology. I'm currently a Computer Science major and it sometime's shocks me how individual's don't use technology more outside of their classroom expectations and their social media use. Really loved reading your post I hope you're able to indulge more into technology spaces.

    ReplyDelete

Blog 10

      I aquired many new skills while working on this project. I never knew how to do a lot of the things that I had to do for this assignme...