Sunday, February 18, 2024

Blog Post 5

     I have been using Instagram for my Personal Learning Network. I have found it really helpful to get a look at what life is like for a teacher. I have found many teachers that post on Instagram that really show me what they do and how they do it. Instagram and other social media will definitely be a useful tool in the future. I will always have someone to ask if I am stuck on an issue with a student, and I can find ideas for how to teach a topic.

    The digital divide definitely can have an affect on student's success in school. Technology is a big part of their llives now and they have grown up knowing how to use this, while older teachers may not know. I have definitely seen this in the classroom with teachers not knowing how to use a tool online and then just giving up because they can't do it. The tool could have helped a student that was struggling but since they couldn't figure out how to use it, a student could have suffered.

    Two software tools I would llike to implement in my future classroom are microsoft office and Canva. Microsoft office is a really cool tool that students have access to many different things, like spreadsheets and powerpoints. It is located all in the same place which I think is really helpful for students. I really love Canva and use it all the time to create things for school. I think it is really fun and allows students to use their creativity to create things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 10

      I aquired many new skills while working on this project. I never knew how to do a lot of the things that I had to do for this assignme...