Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Blog Post 4

     I chose the grade level K-2 and the first standard, Standard 1: Communication and collaboration. This standard is basically saying that you need to know how to communicate and collaborate with other teachers, students, etc, and which platforms and tools can be used online to accomplish this. I think I could implement this standard because I know ways to communicate with others. I use email all of the time to communicate with my teachers and classmates, so this standard is easy for me.

    I definitely think these resources can be used in my teaching. I chose a math standard at the kindergarten level and it had a lesson plan and a couple videos that I can watch to help me understand what  I need to teach. I think this is super helpful and I can use this to help me teach the math that kindergarteners are supposed to be learning. For example, the lesson plan it gave me explains a game I can play with students to have them demonstrate models and have them practice problem solving. 

    It is very important for teachers to be able to internet search. It will help them be able to give students correct answers if they aren't sure about something, and they will be able to teach students how to interent search. I learned a lot more about Google advanced search and I will definitely be using that more to narrow down my search when I am trying to find something specific. Before I  learned about this, I was just typing my question into Google, but sometimes I wouldn't find what I was looking for, so I will use advanced search from now on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog 10

      I aquired many new skills while working on this project. I never knew how to do a lot of the things that I had to do for this assignme...